Subject Matter Expert
The SME involvement in a project will be variable based on the workload and on your availability. The project is a collaborative effort that includes the design of learning content, assessments and other additional resources as needed, including Open Educational Resources (OERs). You must have a minimum of a Master’s degree and three years of work experience in a related field. A terminal degree and work experience in a related field are preferred.
- Masters Degree required, Ph.D. preferred
- 3-5 years curriculum development experience required
- Experience with Competency-Based Education development preferred
- Background in First Year Experience/Seminar development preferred
- 3-5 years higher education level teaching background preferred
- Familiarity with the Degree Qualification Profile (DQP), Association of American Colleges University’s (AACU) VALUE Rubrics and High Impact Practices, preferred
- Familiarity with Open Educational Resources (OERs) preferred ie: CC-BY or CC-BY-NC for the purpose low cost content access.
- Background using principles of Learning Science and Metacognition preferred
We are especially looking for SMEs with the following backgrounds along with the above criteria:
- Masters in Economics; Ph.D. preferred
- Masters in Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- Masters in Marketing, Management, Customer Experience Management with 3-5 years business experience in customer service operations and sales support
- Masters in Accounting with Focus on Financial Accounting Principles
- Masters in Leadership/Organization Management with Communications
Please be aware that SME assignments are contract positions that are part-time, temporary or an as-needed basis only. The SME is a remote project-based, 1099 contractor position. We are not able to guarantee any full-time positions as an SME. If your qualifications are a match for our needs, you will be contacted.
Expectations of SMEs:
- SMEs are expected to be reliable and committed to the project from start to completion.
- Ability to design and develop high-quality learning content, assessments, and modules based on specific project guidelines.
- Available to meet 2x per week with a Learning Architect (LA) during design and development stages.
- Ability to meet specific due dates and deadlines and communicate on a frequent (sometimes daily basis).
- Ability to work independently between working meetings with LA and complete action items as identified throughout the process.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate any challenges, issues, questions or risks of the project.
- Ability to effectively utilize Google Suite, Slack, and other technologies, as determined.
Our SME application is open to all disciplines and although we may not have an immediate opening, we appreciate your submission for future needs. To apply, please complete the online SME application.