iDesign is currently seeking qualified learning architects and instructional technologists to join our course development team. iDesign is an educational service company offering a comprehensive suite of services to help academic and business partners increase their online presence. We provide expertise and resources so that our partners can take the next step in the evolution of online learning with confidence. Learning Architects work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and key stakeholders to support and guide the design, development and production of innovative online courses. The Learning Architect collaborates with SMEs to adapt content for online instruction, suggests relevant learning technologies, and develops course materials that support the stated learning objectives. The Learning Architect works closely with a number of team members including Learning Architects, Instructional Technologists, Quality Reviewers, Multimedia Editors and Graphic Designers to ensure the design and development of online learning support the vision of the partner and subject matter experts. Learning Architects works with the Senior Learning Architect/Project Manager to keep them informed of issues that impact course design and development and delivery of project. The Instructional Technologist is responsible for working with the Learning Architect to build and set up the course within the LMS using HTML and CSS when applicable. They are responsible for building discussion boards, assignments, test and quizzes in the LMS, as well as making sure the course display is consistent throughout. Ensuring all aspects of the course work properly (hyperlinks, videos, 3rd party integrations). Instructional Technologists also monitor new apps and technologies to see how they can be incorporated into the LMS. The successful candidate will work remotely on a contract basis. iDesign recognizes that a quality workforce is paramount to our success. We provide professional development and internal advancement opportunities.
- A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to create engaging and effective online courses.
- Ability to establish a collaborative and collegial relationship with subject matter experts (SMEs) while still moving projects forward and meeting project deadlines.
- Expert in online learning, instructional design and technology, adult learning theory, and andragogy/pedagogy to support course development.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborate with SMEs to design superior online courses that are supported by research-based best practices in online learning.
- Work with SMEs to establish learning outcomes and alignment of content and assessment to those learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with SMEs to design relevant assessments that align with course learning objectives.
- Suggest relevant open educational resources and appropriate instructional methods for online delivery of content.
- Document design decisions and assist with the preparation of documentation for partner approval as appropriate.
- Actively manage the SME relationship and obtain SME approval throughout the course development process.
- Work with Senior Learning Architect/Project Managers to ensure all deadline dates are met throughout the design and development process.
- Advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology or related field.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of instructional design and learning theory.
- Experience in online course development, including SME interaction, in higher education preferred.
- Proven leadership in developing courses characterized by innovation in instructional design.
- Strong interpersonal skills and history of positive results achieved collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across complex organizational structures.
- Experience with ADA compliance.
- Experience with existing quality standards for course design (e.g., Quality Matters, Sloan-C).
- Competency in a variety of LMS systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Moodle, etc.
- Experience developing online courses/curriculum
- Post-secondary teaching and learning experience
- Learner Experience Design background preferred
- Expertise in competency-based learning
- Superior knowledge of available open educational resources (OERs)
- Quality assurance training and certification, especially Quality Matters
For consideration, please complete the iDesign Job Interest Survey. After you complete the survey you will be given access to the iDesign Candidate Application where you will be invited to answer a few questions via video.