Remote Instructional Technologist
iDesign is currently seeking qualified instructional technologists to join our course development team. iDesign is an educational service company offering a comprehensive suite of services to help academic and business partners increase their online presence. We provide expertise and resources so that our partners can take the next step in the evolution of online learning with confidence.
The Instructional Technologist works closely with a number of team members including Learning Architects, other Instructional Technologists, Quality Reviewers, Multimedia Editors and Graphic Designers to ensure the design and development of online learning support the vision of the partner and subject matter experts.
The Instructional Technologist (IT) is responsible for working with the Learning Architect (LA) to build and set up the course within the LMS using HTML and CSS when applicable, and depending on the assigned project. Some projects require a strict adherence to a provided style guide. The Learning Architect collaborates with SMEs to adapt content for online instruction, while the Instructional technologist focuses on the build process. Further, Instructional Technologists are responsible for building discussion boards, assignments, test and quizzes in the LMS, as well as making sure the course display is consistent throughout. They also ensure all aspects of the course work properly (hyperlinks, videos, 3rd party integrations). Instructional Technologists monitor new apps and technologies to see how they can be incorporated into the LMS.
The successful candidate will work remotely on a contract basis. iDesign recognizes that a quality workforce is paramount to our success. We provide professional development and internal advancement opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a flexible, on-demand schedule to work on projects.
- A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to build engaging and effective online courses.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to establish a collaborative and collegial relationship with iDesign team members while still moving projects forward and meeting project deadlines.
- Knowledge of effective practices in online learning, instructional design and technology, adult learning theory, and andragogy/pedagogy to support course development.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Thrives to build “near perfect” online courses according to project requirements and style guide
- Collaborate with Learning Architects to build superior online courses that are supported by research-based best practices in online learning.
- Work with Learning Architects to ensure alignment of learning outcomes, content, and assessment during the build of courses in the LMS.
- Actively manage the Learning Architect relationship and obtain Learning Architect approval throughout the course development process.
- Work with Learning Architect/Project Managers to ensure all deadline dates are met throughout the design and development process.
- Advanced degree in Education, Instructional Technology or related field
- Current, in-depth knowledge of instructional design and learning theory
- Experience in online course development, in higher education preferred
- Demonstrated HTML coding skills with additional skills in CSS preferred
- Proven leadership in developing courses characterized by innovation in instructional design
- Strong interpersonal skills and history of positive results achieved collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence across complex organizational structures
- Experience with ADA and copyright compliance
- Experience with existing quality standards for course design
- Competency in a variety of LMS systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace, Moodle, etc.
- Flexible work schedule that is communicated openly and frequently
- Experience developing online courses/curriculum
- Post-secondary teaching and learning experience
- Learner Experience Design background preferred
- Expertise in competency-based learning
- Superior knowledge of available open educational resources (OERs)
- Quality assurance training and certification (QM, OSCQR, other)
For consideration, please complete the iDesign Job Interest Survey. After you complete the survey you will be given access to the iDesign Candidate Application where you will be invited to answer a few questions via video.